Each year, the MOCPA Educational Foundation awards approximately $40,000 in scholarships to students who are majoring in accounting at Missouri universities/colleges. Please encourage any aspiring CPAs you know to apply.
The 2017-18 scholarship application period is closed. Winners will be announced in April and recognized at an awards celebration in the fall.
High school seniors are awarded $500, and college students earn $1,250 to use toward their accounting education. Minority scholarships are also offered, and recipients receive $1,250.
Applicants must be:
- MOCPA college or high school student members, which is free of charge and can be obtained online;
- Recommended by an educator or school administrator;
- Missouri residents and a U.S. citizen (or child of a MOCPA member);
- Enrolled in a college/university in Missouri (high school seniors enrolled upon graduation, and community college students entering a four-year school); and
- Declared as an accounting major.
Winners are selected based on a point system, rating their GPA, educator recommendation, leadership potential (honors and activities), and essay. In addition, ACT/SAT score is factored in for high school seniors.
Past scholarship recipients are eligible to reapply but must submit an updated application, as well as a new essay and educator recommendation. Minority college students can submit applications for both the minority scholarship and the college scholarship (which require different essays), but each applicant is only eligible to win in one category.
If you have any questions, please contact Dena Hull at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 264-7966.