The Outstanding Young Professional Award honors and supports member CPAs 35 and under who serve as emerging and dynamic leaders in the profession. Presenting this award serves not only to recognize deserving individuals, but also to provide an example for others entering the profession.
The following characteristics and activities will be considered:
- Active involvement in the CPA profession through service to his/her firm or organization, professional associations or committees, and the overall profession.
- Support of the CPA designation and encouragement of others in the profession to obtain and maintain the credential.
- Leadership and volunteerism in the profession such as through financial literacy efforts, mentorship of accounting students and those entering the field, and/or government advocacy.
All nominees must be MOCPA members. To nominate a candidate, please complete these steps:
- Complete the nomination form below. Demonstrate how the candidate’s experience and accomplishments align with each (or most) of the outlined award criteria—thus why he or she deserves to be honored for this award. Be thorough and give specific examples.
- Submit a résumé and/or bio, as well as 3-5 letters of testimonial. Testimonials may be solicited from people with whom the candidate works closely, such as his or her supervisor, colleague, client, or someone mentored by the candidate.
After submitting this form, please send a résumé and/or biography, and 3-5 letters of testimonial to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The MOCPA email system cannot accept zip files or files over 10MB. These messages will be rejected by the MOCPA server without sending a failure message. You will be sent an email confirming receipt of materials within one or two business days.
If these materials cannot be submitted electronically, mail or fax the information to:
Missouri Society of CPAs
540 Maryville Centre Drive, Suite 200
St. Louis, MO 63141
Fax: (314) 997-2592