To further the development and proper application of governmental accounting and auditing standards for Missouri school districts. Promote the value of CPA services to State Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) and local school district officials.
- Present the annual School Audit Seminar each spring to focus attention on recent developments in governmental accounting and auditing related to Missouri school districts. Topic and speaker selection should be completed by December 31 of the preceding year.
- Provide information in conference materials to access resources relevant to school districts and auditors of school districts and to update the information annually.
- Continue liaison with DESE and the U.S. Department of Education.
- Designate a member of the committee to take part in Missouri Association of School Business Officials (MAOSBO) functions, and advise the committee regarding relevant matters.
- Determine whether there is information or communications that need to be disseminated through DESE's monthly newsletters or through DESE's Director of School Finance.
- Promote CPAs' skills and services to DESE and local school district officials.
- Respond to accounting and auditing questions submitted on behalf of local school districts.
- Cooperate with the Legislation Committee on anticipated or pending legislation related to school district accounting and auditing.
- Annually appoint a liaison member to the Governmental Accounting Committee to coordinate potential topics and/or speakers for the annual Governmental Accounting Conference and School Audit Conference and governmental accounting and auditing issues relevant to both committees.
Join a committee today
, and help advance your career, MOCPA and the profession!