To encourage excellence in managing not-for-profit entities, and in the performance of professional services.
- As appropriate, recommend changes in Missouri laws, regulations and administration via liaison with the Legislation Committee.
- Monitor proposed accounting and auditing changes affecting not-for-profit business entities. Respond to exposure drafts about not-for-profits and advise the membership of significant exposure drafts through ASSET announcements.
- Appoint a subcommittee to communicate well with MOCPA membership by preparing news items and technical articles on not-for-profit topics for The ASSET.
- Assign a committee member to serve as liaison to other committees as needed.
- Recommend members to serve on the Consultation Service to respond to inquiries regarding not-for-profit issues.
- Present the annual Not-For-Profit Conference each fall to focus attention on recent developments in not-for-profit accounting and auditing issues, tax issues, and other relevant issues facing not-for-profits. Appoint a subcommittee to plan and coordinate the conference.
- Maintain and update the Not-For-Profit Resource Guide.
Join a committee today
, and help advance your career, MOCPA and the profession!