To promote, publicize, and enforce the society’s Code of Professional Conduct.
- Encourage ethical and professional conduct by members.
- Propose revisions, amendments, or new rules to the AICPA Rules of Professional Conduct as needed.
- Disseminate information on existing rules.
- Cooperate with the AICPA in the investigation and disposition of ethics complaints in accordance with provisions of the Joint Ethics Enforcement Program co-sponsored by the AICPA and MOCPA.
- Respond to questions on ethics submitted by members.
- Maintain contact with the State Board of Accountancy and the AICPA’s Professional Ethics Executive Committee.
- Keep members advised of current and projected changes in the Code of Professional Conduct.
- Participate in the AICPA-sponsored meeting of state society Ethics Committee chairs as directed by the MOCPA Chair, and report to the Board of Directors and to the committee.
- Provide input on professional ethics CPE through a liaison to the MOCPA CPE curriculum development committee.
Resources for Handling Ethical Issues
Join a committee today
, and help advance your career, MOCPA and the profession!