Distribute information to members on federal, state, and local taxation; maintain liaison with the Internal Revenue Service, the Missouri Department of Revenue, and city and county tax officials; make recommendations for improving tax processes and structures, cooperating and exchanging ideas with other organizations; and aid in developing a fuller public understanding of the CPAs' competence in taxation.
- Maintain liaison with the Missouri offices of the Internal Revenue Service and the Missouri Department of Revenue.
- Inform members of changes in federal and Missouri tax laws and administrative rulings.
- Submit proposals for possible changes in federal tax laws, regulations, and tax system administration to the AICPA Tax Division and IRS, as appropriate.
- Review, when issued, the report of the President's Advisory Panel on Federal Tax Reform and consider responding to it on behalf of the society.
- Study proposed Missouri tax legislation and provide feedback to the legislature.
- Monitor draft interpretations by the AICPA of Statements on Standards for Tax Services (SSTS) and proposed revisions to Circular 230, Practice Before the Internal Revenue Service.
- Consider ideas, methods, and concepts relative to managing a tax practice, and communicate those ideas to the membership.
- Assist chapter Taxation Committees in presenting taxpayer service programs on radio and television.
- Provide articles for the taxation column of The ASSET.
- Appoint a person to serve as a liaison member to the CPE curriculum development committee.
- Participate in the National CPA/IRS Tax Issues Meeting and report to the Board of Directors and the committee.
Join a committee today
, and help advance your career, MOCPA and the profession!